Now on DigiVision - $299.00
Purchase other COVD Conference Sets
DigiVision media is a full experience presentation. It Plays in Your Computer on a USB or via online streaming and is User Friendly. You will see and hear the speaker and the slides at the same time. It allows you to Review the Slides at Your Pace by adjusting the play speed or advance based on slide number. You can also Save and Print the Slides. The most amazing feature is that you can Word Search the Entire Presentation, allowing you to find the information you need quickly. It Is Just Like Being At The Show!
FREE LECTURE: Seeing the Light: Syntonics in the Treatment of Acquired Brain Injury by Robert S Fox, OD, FCOVD
- Introduction to Vision and Brain Injury by Robert S. Fox, OD
- Brain Injury Diagnosing & Brain Injury Lens Prescribing by Robert S. Fox, OD
- Brain Injury Lens Prescribing (cont.) & Vision Therapy for TBI and CVA Patients by Robert S. Fox, OD
- Vision Therapy for TBI and CVA Patients (cont.) by Robert S. Fox, OD
- Lenses and Prisms in the Therapy Room by Robert S. Fox, OD
- Using Visual Fields Testing for TBI and CVA Patients by Robert S. Fox, OD
- Rehabilitative TBI Vision Care in the Acute Care Setting by Robert S. Fox, OD
- Syntonic Phototherapy: Basics and Use in TBI Treatment (Part 1 of 2) by Robert S. Fox, OD
- Syntonic Phototherapy: Basics and Use in TBI Treatment (Part 2 of 2) by Robert S. Fox, OD
Day one of this intensive, clinically-based course will cover basic neuro-anatomy, brain anatomy, and the role of the autonomic nervous system. The role of the optometrist in the interdisciplinary area of brain injury treatment will be emphasized. The examination of the TBI patient will take up most of this day. Prescribing of lenses, prisms, and filters for TBI patients is an area unique to optometry. As a results time will be devoted to examination techniques that have a high yield of information. Hands-on time will be devoted to testing and treatment procedures.
Day two will include a close up look at visual field testing as well as ramifications of field loss such as visual neglect. The use of prisms, filters, lenses, and selective occlusion will be emphasized. Vision therapy techniques aimed at improving peripheral awareness and compensating for visual field loss are also an important part of the optometrists tool box. The need for complementary procedures, such as optometric phototherapy (syntonics) will also be a part of this discussion. The role of the optometrist in the rehabilitation/acute care setting will also be a part of this course.
This session is part of a set that includes the following sessions:
- Vision Therapy 301 by Tom Headline and Julie Petteruto
- Lenses, Prisms, and TBI by Robert Fox
- COVD Vision Therapists Track
- COVD General Education Track
All courses above on DigiVision - $899.00 SAVE BIG
The COVD Library Membership
The COVD Library Membership gives you access to the entire COVD Video Library*. The entire library is immediately available to you when you sign up, and new content is automatically added to your account as it becomes available. Maintain your membership and always have the most up-to-date COVD content and the massive archive library at your finger tips. Opt for the Premium tier and always have your COVD library on USB even if you cancel. Annually paid memberships include a 1st year new membership fee plus the annual membership maintenance fee. Every year after that is only the membership maintenance fee.
* The "COVD Library" is a collection of videos from COVD. Click here for exact information.