This item is no longer available. An updated version is available here:
Description:Optometrists have been using lenses to influence development of vision for over 80 years. Dr. A.M. Skeffington introduced using lenses for other than refractive conditions in 1928. No other profession better appreciates the impact lenses can have on patient's lives. This course will discuss how to better understand and use lenses in diagnosing and treating vision problems commonly found in optometric practices specializing in vision therapy. In this interactive presentation attendees will: discuss utilization of lenses, prisms, filters and occlusion to evaluate a patient's visual system, be able to prescribe a performance prescription and improve outcomes in the vision therapy room with lenses prisms and filters. Participants will enjoy a video based lecture style, hands-on workshops and case presentations. Presentations with demonstrations and workshops will include information about the optics of lenses, properties of lens materials, explanations of various theories to prescribing, how to relate the case history to potential lens prescriptions, dynamic retinoscopy, designing a complete treatment program that includes performance lenses and utlization of lenses in the therapy room, prescribing for strabismus, amblyopia, myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism.
- Understand the optics of lenses and prismsÂ
- Be aware of the various theories in prescribingÂ
- Evaluate the patient's visual system with lenses, prisms, filters and occlusionÂ
- Be able to develop a wide range of prescription options including performance lensesÂ
- Design a complete treatment program that includes performance lenses and utilization of lenses in vision therapyÂ
- Perform various types of case analysisÂ
- Understand the properties of lens materials and how they affect visual performanceÂ
- Perform dynamic retinoscopy
The COVD Library Membership
The COVD Library Membership gives you access to the entire COVD Video Library*. The entire library is immediately available to you when you sign up, and new content is automatically added to your account as it becomes available. Maintain your membership and always have the most up-to-date COVD content and the massive archive library at your finger tips. Opt for the Premium tier and always have your COVD library on USB even if you cancel. Annually paid memberships include a 1st year new membership fee plus the annual membership maintenance fee. Every year after that is only the membership maintenance fee.
* The "COVD Library" is a collection of videos from COVD. Click here for exact information.