The Diagnosis and Treatment of Inhalant Allergies on DigiVision
DiGiVision media is a revolutionary technology that Plays in Your Computer on a disc and is User Friendly. You will see and hear the speaker and at the same time the slides advance automatically. It allows you to Review the Slides at Your Pace by adjusting the play speed anywhere from half speed to double speed. You can also Save the Slides as a Picture. The most amazing feature is that you can Word Search the Entire Presentation. It Is Just Like Being At The Show!
2009 Inhalant Allergies on DigiVision :: 17 Lectures, 2 Full Days
This course will provide the practitioner with a comprehensive and complete program with which to assess and treat complex inhalant allergies in the office setting. You will learn how to confirm clinical suspicions and determine the levels of sensitivity with quantitative intradermal and sublingual testing for specific allergens.
- Discuss the model of environmental medicine and contrast it with the conventional model of medicine;
- Describe how antigens are manufactured, quality controlled, their terminology, and what standardization means;
- Articulate an understanding of the basic immunology involved in inhalant immunotherapy;
- Describe how to confirm clinical suspicions and determine the levels of sensitivity with quantitative intradermal or sublingual testing for specific allergens;
- Set up an allergy treatment plan;
- Prepare patient's antigen vial(s) for immunotherapy;
- Discuss how to manage common difficulties in the administration of immunotherapy;
- Describe the practical items to help in controlling environmental exposures;
- Articulate how to prevent, recognize and treat and adverse or anaphylactic reaction.
- Introduction to Envrionmental Medicine - James W. Willoughby, II, DO
- The Model of Environmental Medicine: A New and Effective Approach to Complex Chronic Diseases - Gary R. Oberg, MD, FAAEM
- The Complex Role of the Diet in Chronic Diseases: Avoiding Nutritional Potholes in the Road to Optimal Health - Gary R. Oberg, MD, FAAEM
- Man Made Chemicals Exposures: Do These Contribite to Chronic Disease? - Lynn M. Marshall, MD, FAAEM
- Environmentally Focused History: How to Identify Your Patients' Harmful of Potentially Harmful Exposures - Lynn M. Marshall, MD, FAAEM
- Documentation for Environmental Medicine: A Higher Standard - James W. Willoughby, II, DO
- Aeroallergens: Natural History, Distribution, and Health Impacts - James W. Willoughby, II, DO
- Diagnosis of Allergic Disease: Sign and Symptom Patterns - Diego Saporta, MD
- Environmental Modification Techniques - Diego Saporta, MD
- Immunology of Inhalant Allergy: How Immunotherapy and Pharmacotherapy Work - A. L. Barrier, MD, FAAO-HNS, FAAOA
- Adverse and Anaphylacitc Reactions: How to Identify, Prevent, and Treat - A. L. Barrier, MD, FAAO-HNS, FAAOA
- Principles of SLIT and Whealing Responses - James W. Willoughby, II, DO
- Serial Dilution Endpoint Titration - James W. Willoughby, II, DO
- Testing Demonstration: Serial Dilution Endpoint Titration - Betsy Willoughby, RN
- Serial Dilution Endpoint Titration Dose Calculations and Escalations - Betsy Willoughby, RN
- Practical Troubleshooting: What to do if Treatment does not Succeed - James W. Willoughby, II, DO
- Questions and Answers Panel Discussion - Betsy Willoughby, RN; A. L. Barrier, MD, FAAO-HNS, FAAOA; Gary R. Oberg, MD, FAAEM; Diego Saporta, MD; and James W. Willoughby, II, DO
The American Academy of Environmental Medicine designates this educational activity for a maximum of 17.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Academy of Environmental Medicine provides basic instructional courses covering various topics in environmental medicine. They are designed to provide the knowledge and modalities needed by physicians and health care professionals to effectively incorporate Environmental Medicine into their practices (of any specialty). Each course includes the syllabus and Continuing Medical Education credit.
There are Four AAEM Instructional Courses Listed Below
Instructional Course 1: The Diagnosis and Treatment of Inhalant Allergies
Instructional Course 2: The Diagnosis and Treatment of Food Sensitivities
Instructional Course 3: The Diagnosis and Treatment of Chemical Sensitivities
Instructional Course 4: The Metabolism: Nutrition and the New Endocrinology
Lecture Series: American Academy of Environmental Medicine
Lecture Year: 2009
Lecture Season: Instructional Courses